The process of diagnosing occupational asthma from serial peak flow records using Oasys contains the following steps:
- Ask the patient to measure their peak flow every two hours from waking up until going to bed.
- Download the latest version of Oasys from this website if you have not already done so.
- Register with this website if you have not already done so.
- Enter the data into Oasys.
- Look at the Oasys report for the record.
- Interpret the results.
Please click on the links to find out more about the individual steps, or to actually complete the steps (for registering and downloading the latest version of Oasys).
You can also look at the more traditional serial plot
, although we don't think this is as useful as the other graphs and we don't recommend it.
We work in occupational diseases and we need whole information about Oasys.
We want to buy the peak flow meter and the software for use in our patients
We are really intereasing in your program and we hope your answer soon
Thanks in advance
Respiratory group HTS.
many thanks for your interest - the Oasys software is free and can be downloaded from this website. You need to purchase either the mini-wright digital (Oasys version) meter from clement clarke or the asma-1 usb from Vitalograph if you would like to upload readings directly. Depending on which meter you choose will decide which Oasys version you download. If you need any further information, let us know. many thanks
Please sign in or register to add your thoughts.